- Bethany Lutheran College
- Bethany Lutheran College is a private, residential, Christian, coeducational, liberal arts college founded in 1927, owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
- Luther Preparatory School
- LPS is a four year preparatory high school owned and operated by the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Its primary purpose is to train and encourage young people for the pastoral and teaching ministry in the WELS. In carrying out that purpose, LPS offers a curriculum that focuses on history, mathematics, science, English, foreign languages, music, and religion. LPS also offers a wide variety of co-curricular activities in music, performing arts, and athletics.
- Martin Luther College
- Martin Luther College exists to serve the ministerial needs of the WELS by preparing men for pastoral training at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary and by preparing men and women for service as teachers and staff ministers in the Synod’s churches and schools so that the WELS may be served by candidates both qualified and competent to proclaim the Word of God faithfully and in accord with the Lutheran Confessions in the Book of Concord.
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary (MLS) is a four-year high school owned and operated by the WELS. MLS is a college preparatory school which gives its students a solid foundation for future work in college. However, the special purpose of MLS, as our catalog states (p.4), is "to train students for the public ministry of the gospel and to enroll them upon graduation at Martin Luther College, New Ulm, MN."
- Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Wisconsin Lutheran College, affiliated with the WELS, is a Lutheran liberal arts college for Christian men and women. The college is committed to: providing quality teaching, scholarship, and service that are rooted in Holy Scripture; promoting the spiritual growth of students, faculty and staff; and preparing students for life with useful knowledge and skills.
- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary
- The purpose of Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary is to offer theological training for men who desire to enter the pastoral ministry of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod or of churches within its confessional fellowship. The seminary also endeavors in various ways to offer opportunity for theological and professional growth to men who already are active in the pastoral ministry of its confessional fellowship.
- WELS Mission to the Children
- WELS Mission to the Children is a Christian non-profit, volunteer organization, officially sponsored by the WELS, and supported solely by the prayers, offerings, and material donations of Christian individuals, congregations, and church groups.
- to bring the Gospel to the poor, especially to the little children living in poverty in Northern Mexico
- to meet the suffering of these precious little ones by seeking to meet their basic physical needs in Christian compassion
- Lutheran Girl Pioneers
- To provide supervised and constructive recreation preparing Lutheran Girl Pioneers in the way of good citizenship with their motto, "Loyal to Christ," ever before them.
- Lutheran Pioneers
- Lutheran Pioneers exists to reach out to and nurture the youth of the world with the saving Gospel message of Jesus Christ. To achieve their mission, Lutheran Pioneers provides a ministry under the direction of the Pastor and congregation.
- Lutheran Women's Missionary Society
- Women of the WELS focused on the exciting mission of sharing Jesus with the world. Their mission is to increase interest in and to support mission endeavors which are a part of or in the interest of the WELS.
- Organization of WELS Lutheran Seniors
- OWLS offers an active alternative to inactivity. Through involvement, fellowship, mutual support, life enrichment activities and service to others, OWLS members are encouraged and helped to be all that they can be... and maybe a little bit more.
- WELS Church Library Organization
- The WELS CLO assists the Synod in carrying out its mission of teaching all nations. It's mission is to expand the availability of Christian literature and other resources for all ages through the promotion of church libraries. They serve to: provide a forum for the sharing of ideas and fellowship among church librarians, encourage and assist existing church libraries, be as beneficial as possible to their individual congregations, and encourage and assist congregations that do not have a library to start one
- What About Jesus?
- WhatAboutJesus.com is a website for the unchurched. Developed by the Commission on Evangelism, the site offers a non-threatening environment to meet objections to Christianity and promote Jesus Christ.
- Christian Life Resources
- Christian Life Resources educates people on what God's Word has to say about the value and sanctity of human life. The intent is to mobilize Christians to make God-pleasing decisions about life issues. They focus attention on many life issues such as abortion, infertility, birth control, post-abortion syndrome, infanticide, medical directive statements, assisted suicide, and euthanasia.
- The Lutheran Home Association
- The ministry of The Lutheran Home Association began in 1898 in Belle Plaine, Minnesota, as a home for orphans and the elderly. Today, it is a not-for-profit Christian ministry, serving individuals in Minnesota and Wisconsin and churches from the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) and the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS) around the nation. We serve people who are elderly with special needs and people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. We serve people with developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injuries and various types of mental illnesses. We maintain a system of nursing homes, assisted living facilities, senior apartments, group homes and various support services.
- Lutheran Association for Church Extension
- The mission of LACE is to provide low-cost loans to churches, providing a helping hand to congregations as they proclaim the Word of God.
- New Beginnings, A Home for Mothers
- New Beginnings, A Home for Mothers is located in the metro Denver area of Colorado and helps women from anywhere in the world. New Beginnings provides a place for a single mother to have a new beginning in caring for her child. Here she learns to become a responsible parent and role model for her child.
- Northwestern Publishing House
- Northwestern Publishing House, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the official publisher of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. NPH produces various materials for the church's ministry, including devotion books and periodicals, professional books and helps for pastors, religion curriculum materials for children, and various worship resources. In addition to a large retail store in Milwaukee, they also have a new and extensive online catalog service.
- WLCFS Child & Family Service
- Wisconsin Lutheran Child and Family Service was founded in 1965 to reflect the healing and helping ministry of Jesus Christ. As an outreach arm of WELS and ELS members, this charitable agency today serves thousands of God's people in their special needs. Through a staff of trained professionals, WLCFS offers spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical support to those who look to this organization for help.
- Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference - CELC
- Evangelical Lutheran Free Church in Germany - ELFK website (auf Deutsch)
- The Lutheran Confessional Church of Norway
- Saint Sophia Ukrainian Lutheran Theological Seminary
- Christian Cyclopedia
- Christian Cyclopedia has served thousands of students, church professionals, and lay persons as a one-volume compendium of historical and theological data, ranging from ancient figures to contemporary events. This Internet version allows easy access to the names and terms of significant people, places, ideas, and institutions in church history and “secular” history.
- Today's Christian Women's Retreat
- Our goal: to provide you time away from your busy schedule of daily life in order to meditate on the Word and enjoy fellowship with other Christian women.
To accomplish this goal: We invite WELS or ELS speakers to help focus our thoughts on what it means to be a WELS Christian woman and direct us to our Savior as our only source of forgiveness and love.
- True North WELS
- True North is a Campus Ministry connected with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). If you would like more information about what we believe and teach please.
- Time of Grace Ministry
- Time of Grace Ministry (TOG) exists for the sole purpose of winning souls for eternity. TOG shares the great good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ via a weekly radio and television broadcast that originates at St. Marcus Evangelical Lutheran Church in the heart of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. While the Time of Grace program is currently broadcast only in the greater Milwaukee area, it will soon be beamed across the United States, reaching millions in the towns, cities and rural areas of our nation.
- Lutheran Radio Committee
- The Lutheran Radio Committee, an organization of the La Crosse area Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod churches, presents confessional Lutheran worship services every Sunday morning at 8:00 CT on WKTY Radio AM 580. Now available--worship services online! You are now able to recreate any broadcast simply by pointing and clicking!
- World Missions Related Links:
- The BibleGateway
- An online Bible resource. Viewable in many languages.
- Camp Shiloh Lutheran Retreat Center - WELS
- On the Shores of Lake Bob Sandlin, 3335 FM 21, Pittsburg, TX 75686
Encourage your congregation to use this facility! It would serve your pioneers, youth group, ladies’ group, men’s retreats, council workshops, district meetings, conventions and the like. We would also like to invite our members to consider using this wonderful resort for family reunions and weekend get-a-ways.
Last update on October 18, 2018